God's Little Conger

Sunday, January 22, 2006



How to Guarantee Healthy Eating

Be pregnant.
I have never been so motivated to eat healthy in my life.
I had my second craving yesterday. All day long, I kept saying "Cake. Cake. Cake." Finally at about 6:00, we went to the grocery store and got a big piece of three-layer triple chocolate cake. It was so rich that I could only eat about 1/3 of it, but considering it had probably about 5000 calories, that's a good thing. (Disclaimer: For dinner I had a Spring Mix Salad from Wendy's. LOTS of veggies!)
But anyway...so there's a good portion of this piece of chocolate cake left on the kitchen counter this morning and if I wasn't preggers, that would have been my breakfast. But, to my utter astonishment, it was SO easy to pass it up and eat my usual banana and bowl of healthy cereal.
And I've been eating vegetables like there's no tomorrow. Good thing I love vegetables in the first place.
So yeah, my advice to guarantee that you eat healthy: be pregnant. Works like a charm.

...Oh, and I read today that by this time, the baby's amniotic sac is the size of a grape! How cute is that?! That picture up there is what s/he will look like in about a week!!!

3 Comments:

  • when do you see the doctor? or are you already taken your prenatal vitamins? good for you on the veggies & that cake. my doctor told me that if I have a crave....... make sure to follow through with it or I'd eat a bunch of stuff I won't want!

    I love these blogs!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • Gynee appt is Monday the 30th. I've been taking regular multivitamins and a 400mg folic acid tablet every day for about three months...she might switch me to prenatals but for now I think the folic acid is the most important thing.

    By Blogger Wendy, at 8:42 AM  

  • if they give you prenatals & they start upsetting your stomach, cut the vitamin in half & take half with breakfast & the other with supper.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home