God's Little Conger

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Two amazing things happened today:
1. I went to Subway
2. I went to Subway with not a lick of makeup on

Number one is amazing because for the last four weeks, going within ten feet of a restaurant made me wanna gag.
Number two is amazing because - well, I went to a public place looking like a very scary freak.

Even thought it's like zero degrees today, Scotty and I bundled up and went to Home Depot. I stayed in the warm car, and he went in and bought a couple of those filters that go in the heater thing (do you love how technical my home-maintenance lingo is?). Then we went to Subway. Well, I went to Subway and he went next door to Smokehouse to get a gyro. I stood in line, looked at all the food, ordered my Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki sandwich with cheese, tomatoes, pickles, green peppers and lettuce - and didn't gag! And I ate the whole thing - plus a little bag of sour cream and onion Baked Lays. And a Diet Coke. Yowza.

And here it is three hours later, and I don't feel absolutely disgusting.

Must be a good day. Now if only it would last...but I don't think it will.

4 Comments:

  • Yeah!! Good for you Wendy!

    By Blogger d_evans, at 8:23 PM  

  • Hee! Thanks, girl! :)

    By Blogger Wendy, at 8:33 PM  

  • We must've traded...I actually WORE makeup that day as we had family pics taken! Glad you had a good food experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Lol! Going without makeup is NOT a good thing for me - my skin is too fair, my eyelashes are too light...I look awful! But I just haven't cared about makeup lately!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home