God's Little Conger

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I can't believe things have been SO busy around here that I literally haven't had ten minutes to write in this blog! And that's no exaggeration - it has been NONSTOP activity ever since about the 4th of July!
Nutshell version of the shower at Mom's this past Saturday: It was terrific! Wonderful guests, good food, and lots of fantastic gifts. I am floored at people's generosity. Some people gave me huge gifts bag FULL of baby things. Mom gave me the stroller I wanted, Steph gave me the matching carseat, Rachel gave me the space-saver high chair seat and the BOPPY! (Don't know why I'm SO excited about the Boppy...they just look so cool and so useful!) Tons of adorable clothes and jammies, little tiny sockies, toys, books....I am so very blessed and this baby girl already is too!
I worked on her room all day Monday...putting away onesies and jammies in her dresser drawers, hanging clothes in the closet, organizing things on shelves....Was a lot of work, but FUN work! Feels awesome to be getting so organized ahead of time!
Had another doctor checkup this morning that went very well. Got a Rho-gam shot (in the rump!) that will protect from Rh incompatiblity. Belly measurement's perfect, blood pressure's perfect, and her heart rate was 153 bpm today. The doctor called her a "little engine" when she heard the heart rate again today and I thought that was cute! After the appt, I treated myself to a double cheeseburger, fries and a chocolate chip cookie at McDonald's. Yum!
Now I'm ever so tired and gonna try to take a nap. Will come back and post some pics of the nursery soon! I hope!
*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

1 Comments:

  • Wow Wendy! I bet you are making up some lovely thank-you cards. It's wonderful that you have such a great support system.

    By Blogger Kat, at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home