God's Little Conger

Thursday, July 06, 2006


This drawing shows about how big Alyssa is now! She weighs about 2-1/2 pounds and is about 11 inches long from the crown of her head to her little butt. :D

Well, this morning I had the refreshing treat of the massively-sugar-filled orange drink for the glucose test. LoL! Honestly the stuff isn't that bad....I'd had it before and didn't mind it. It is very sugary but I think my body's pretty used to sugar so it didn't faze me much! I drank it right before I left for the doctor's office and they took my blood exactly an hour later. So everything's fine so far. They'll call me tomorrow to let me know the results. I am reeeeally praying the results are fine because if they're not - then I have to go back and have a 3-hour glucose tolerance test. And that's a fasting test which means I'd be really hungry and weak and it would suck hugely. I had the 3-hour test several years ago and it was no picnic, and that was when I wasn't pregnant. I would LOVE to avoid that if I can!!

Other details from today's doc visit: Belly measurement was good.....I gained 4 pounds since the last visit which is better than 9 (from the visit before) and she didn't say anything about it, but I still wanna watch my sweets and stuff cuz yikes!....Her heartbeat sounded great (153 bpm) and it was kinda amusing because she was moving so much while the doctor was trying to get her heart rate that we kept hearing "thump, bang, boom..." LOL! Oh, and she recommended Liquid Mylanta for my bad acid problem. She said liquid antacids tend to work better than chewables. So I bought some on my way home and sincerely hope it helps!
From now til Alyssa's born, I'll be seeing the doctor every two weeks instead of once a month!

Scott and I are going to a "Taking Care of Baby" class next month. It's just one class on a Saturday morning. I'm looking forward to that. We both need to learn the basics so that when we get her home we aren't clueless!

I really think the next 2-1/2 months are gonna go pretty quickly. I sure hope so!!

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you two are going to that class and it's double great that you are doing it together!

    By Blogger daionara, at 7:57 PM  

  • Don't put too much stock in the parenting classes...from what I have seen, a lot of parenting is "on the job training." LOL! I'm sure Alyssa is going to make you jump through hoops.

    By Blogger Kat, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home