God's Little Conger

Monday, June 12, 2006

So I had another OB visit today! Our baby girl's heartbeat was great - 158 bpm - and she said my belly measurement was right where it should be. I did ask her about childbirth classes and she said it's a personal decision, but that many first-time parents learn a lot from them and that the "caring for your newborn" part is quite helpful. Our only thing is we don't know how much the classes cost (I'll find that out very soon) and if our insurance pays for it or not. We're not wanting to spend a lot on the classes! We'll think about it and decide soon. The only part I know I wouldn't like is the video of some woman giving birth. And Scott - he would leave the room at that point, I'm 100% sure!
My doctors do a glucose test routinely and I will have it done at my next appointment. At today's appt they gave me a bottle of orange glucose-filled juice (yum, yum) that I have to drink an hour before my next appt. Then they take my blood and test for possible gestational diabetes. My sister had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant and I have tendencies toward goofy blood-sugar stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if I am prone to gest. diabetes, but I'm definitely hoping I'm not! We shall see....
And get this - I've gained NINE pounds in the last month! She told me to go easy on the desserts and I KNOW I have to! My sweet tooth is OFF THE CHARTS lately and I don't hold back....I just eat whatever I want. This past weekend, I ate almost an entire caramel-pecan coffee cake. Not good! So I have to cut down on sweets, which will not be easy for me - lol! But I will do it! I'm also walking more (did really well last week) and will do my darndest to keep that up.
Also, after my next appointment I will start going every two weeks instead of my usual once a month. That means we're gettin' close!!!!

2 Comments:

  • It worries me that Scott will leave the room during the birthing video. Is he planning to stay in there with you?

    And, honestly - if it is because it is graphic...it really isn't. I mean, it is - but it's a *baby being born*...there is nothing remotely sexual about it...and he (and you!) should see it beforehand, so you are fully prepared.

    I was my sister's birthing coach for Kelsey. I held her leg throughout her entire delivery. Seeing her vagina was nothing compaired to seeing that little girl being born. I secretly wish that all my friends trusted me enough to let me into the delivery room, because it is such a miracle!

    By Blogger Kat, at 6:02 PM  

  • Andy and I didn't do the birthing classes. Our doctor told us it was up to us and that we would "figure everything out" if we decided not to take them. Also, Andy stayed in the delivery room with me both times, but he stayed right by my head - he didn't watch the actual births - he's too squeamish.

    But I watched Colin being born and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.

    And, hey, I could eat a whole pie in one weekend and I'm not even pregnant! LOL

    Can't wait to see Alyssa's beautiful little face!

    By Blogger Teresa, at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home