God's Little Conger

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


So over this past weekend, I noticed that I wasn't feeling as much fetal movement as usual. Was definitely feeling some, but not as much and not as strong as usual. So I called the doc and they told me to do a "kick count test": eat something sugary, then lay on my left side for one hour and count the kicks. If there were less than six, it may be cause for concern. So I ate a big piece of rhubarb pie with a little scoop of ice cream and laid on the couch. By twenty minutes, she had already given me six good wallops....and by the time the hour was over, I had counted thirteen. That made me feel much better!
Had a doc checkup yesterday, and since she passed the "kick test" with flying colors Monday night and moved a lot yesterday morning, doc didn't seem worried at all. We heard the heartbeat and she took a belly measurement, and both were great. She said I probably have nothing to worry about but that if I ever do a kick test and there are less than six kicks, to let them know. Also told me that as babies get bigger there is less room to kick and punch in there, which I knew (and it makes sense!).
So my next appt is in two weeks and OH my gosh I can't believe how close it's getting to her due date!!!!

Steph came over with boxes and boxes of Kenzie's old baby clothes today! LOTS of really cute stuff. So now I have my work cut out for me with laundry - gotta wash all that clothes, as well as her onesies and jammies. She is gonna be one well-dressed little girl! : D (Here's a pic of what the family room looks like right now with all those boxes of clothes in it!)

1 Comments:

  • You'd better be planning on taking pictures of the cute outfits dang it!

    By Blogger daionara, at 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home