God's Little Conger

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I cried like a baby yesterday. Tony Evans was on the radio talking about how close God wants to be to us, and at one point he said, "Absolutely nothing happens in your life without God either causing it or allowing it." It's not like I didn't know that, but hearing him say it like that - it just hit me like a ton o' bricks! I, of course, started thinking about how staggeringly amazing it is that God chose to create this little wiggleworm of ours!! So I'm in the car on my way to walk Gracie the dog, and there are tears running down my face. It's a good thing I was by myself! That was just a really, REALLY awesome thought and it hit home SO much.
The other day I heard a song on the radio that really touched me, too. I forget who sings it but some of the words are "I couldn't live one day without You; You are like water to me." And it made me think of how very, very much I need and depend on God to get me through every minute of every day - and to protect and nurture my growing baby. He IS like water to me. I could not live without Him.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Wendy!

    Your post reminded me of my very favorite card I received after Joshua was born. The front of it contains words by Roy Lessin:

    Just Think...
    Your son is here not by chance, but by God's choosing.
    His hand formed him
    and made him the person he is.
    God compares him to no one else--
    he is one of a kind.
    Your son will lack nothing
    that God's grace can't give him.
    God has allowed your son to be here
    at this time in history
    to fulfill His special purpose
    for this generation.

    Isn't that the neatest? Just to think that our babies are here at the exact time God wants them to be for whatever purpose He has for them! How will each of these little ones touch another's life? When you really stop to think about it, it's amazing!:) I also always think of the verse where it says that God knew us before we were born, while we were being knit together in our mother's womb. While you or I knit blankets or scarves, GOD is knitting our children!

    So happy for you! (Sorry this got long!)

    Tricia:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home