God's Little Conger

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I know this is gonna sound crazy, but -- last night, I woke up out of a very sound sleep because I FELT something in my belly!! I kid you not - only 13 weeks along, but I KNOW I felt the baby!! It felt very subtle, like a butterfly in my gut or something. But it was unmistakable, and apparently was enough to wake me up. My hand automatically flew to my belly cuz it was the funkiest feeling! All day I've been hoping to feel that again but nothing so far. See, now comes the FUN part of being pregnant, eh? 'Bout time I get to start kinda enjoying this whole crazy being-pregnant thing!

I read this on a week-by-week pregnancy website:
It may feel like butterflies or it may feel like gas. Some mothers may feel fetal movement (quickening) around week 14, though others may not be able to identify movement until around week 20. Soon, though, you’ll be playing footsie with a fetus who insists on poking you in the ribs and dancing the rumba—just when you settle in for a good night’s rest.

Lol - the rumba! Whenever I drink a little caffeine, I say that the baby is probably in there doin' the "YMCA." Hee!



1 Comments:

  • See, that's why it's so amazing to me to have had a claimant in my previous working life who went to the hospital complaining of digestive pain...turns out she was full-term & dilating. HELLO?! How can you NOT know you're pregnant?!

    Oh it'll just get better & better. You'll be feeling this little one all the time before you know it, and soon you won't have to "guess" if that was the baby or not!:)

    T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home