God's Little Conger

Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's Saturday. I planned to take a shower right after breakfast and maybe get a few little things done this morning.
But instead, I plopped down in the recliner after breakfast and picked up the book I was halfway through - "The Stork Reality" by Malena Lott. Four hours later, I've finished the book. It's about a lady who gets pregnant while she's on the Pill (oops). She and her husband are rather terrified at first. But during those nine crazy months, they both slowly morph into Mommy and Daddy and, because of the beautiful way the author writes about it, I could not put that darn book down! A couple times it even brought me to tears.
Taylor, the main character, decides to keep a journal of letters to her baby. I love this part of this particular entry:
"Wow! Next week I'll learn if you're a boy or a girl. My prediction? A boy. Must be all the meat I'm eating. But I don't have a preference, really. I think if you are a boy it might be easier for Jake to bond with you, but you know what they say about daddy's girls, too. I know. I was one. I can't wait to meet you. I hope you're doing okay in there. Cozy? I skipped the coffee so as not to give you the jitters on our flight home. Let's sleep now, shall we?
Mom"

One of the best parts of reading this wonderful book for four hours this morning: My girl was kicking and rolling and punching like crazy almost the whole time. It's like she knew I was reading about babies. I think she's getting really excited to be born and finally be with us as our baby daughter. My anticipation increases with every passing moment. She's almost here! Here's a picture of my 34-weeks roooound belly! (Is the pic showing up for you? It's not for me! Grrrrr!!!)

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a book I wanna read Wendy!
    I can't see the picture but I saw it on the forum. You are so cute!

    By Blogger d_evans, at 7:49 AM  

  • Sounds like one maybe I should read. You are so cute!

    By Blogger daionara, at 2:52 PM  

  • Wendy...I love reading your entries. I can not wait to read that you have had that beautiful little girl. Take care and hugs to you!

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home