God's Little Conger

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My O.B. checkup went very well today!

Heard the heartbeat again - woosh, woosh, woosh! That is the most reassuring sound I've heard in my entire life! Today the rate was 156 bpm. I asked my doctor if the fast heart rate means a girl and she said, "Well, let me put it this way: There's a 50/50 chance that that's true!" In other words, that's pretty much a myth.
Oh, and while we were listening to the heartbeat, we heard some rustling around going on, and doc said, "The baby's definitely moving around in there right now!" Yep, this is a MAJOR wiggleworm!!

I asked if it was normal for me to still be SO tired and exhausted all the time, and she said yes and that it's nothing to worry about. She double-checked my iron levels, etc, and said they look "fabulous".
Made the appointment for my 20-week ultrasound - it will be on Tuesday, May 9 at 9:00 a.m.! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!! Scotty's taking a couple vacation weeks off of work at that time and will definitely be able to come with me for it. Woo Hooooooooo!!

So everything's going very smoothly with this little gummi. I praise God from the bottom of my heart for that!

5 Comments:

  • How very cool! I can't wait until May 10th...and I hope the gummi decides to cooperate, and spread 'em.

    By Blogger Kat, at 2:59 PM  

  • I hope so too, Kat!! Knowing how wiggly s/he is, I assume we'll get a good view. I hope!!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 3:03 PM  

  • O.k. Is it on the 9th or the 10th?!

    Tricia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 PM  

  • Hi Wendy,
    I am glad to hear everything is going well. I hope when you go for your 20 week scan that Scott the 2nd hehehe co-operates and doesn't become a stubborn wiggleworm.
    Love From Susan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

  • Tricia - it's on the 9th. I had to change the appt cuz Scotty reminded me that he's taking a certification test on the 10th and we'll probably be down at my mom's that day! So it's the 9th at 9am. Sorry to confuse ya!

    By Blogger Wendy, at 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home